As a member of the Florida Bar since 1980, I have been actively involved in the area of commercial law. Florida commercial law is very broad and provides great guidance. Florida laws, consisting of Florida statutes, decisions of the Florida appellate courts, and the Florida Supreme Court provide a great deal of guidance to the world of business, trade and commerce. It is essential for anyone with a Florida based business, or who is involved in trade and commerce within the State of Florida to work in accordance with those laws, which can and do offer substantial protection to legitimate business activities. Florida is a great place to do business, and the government makes a great effort to promote business activity within the State. There are Florida trade offices throughout the state, and a number of incentives available for businesses that desire to expand in the State of Florida.
I believe that by working proactively with the firm’s clients, I can guide my clients through each critical phase of a legal matter while strategically planning for the future. I take a prudent, practical and cost-effective approach to the practice of law, and the combination of many years of both transactional and litigation experience allows me to assist you to avoid the areas that can be most problematic, and lead to unnecessary litigation.
If you are a Florida based business or you intend to do business in the State of Florida, my office is ready to assist you with all of your Florida legal needs.
I provide services in the following areas:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Business and Commercial Law
- Business and Commercial Torts
- Commercial Leasing
- Construction Disputes
- Creditors’ Rights
- Florida Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”)
- Preparation of contracts, trade instruments, banking documents, Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”)
- Joint Venture and Partnership Agreements
- Investment Contracts
- Standard Business Forms such as Invoices, Sales Orders, Receipts, and the like, which set forth the business terms applicable to the transaction
- Recording and registering Florida liens under the UCC, and other statutes
- Florida commercial litigation in both the Florida state and Florida federal courts. Please visit the litigation services page for more information
- For Florida corporate and company services, please visit the corporate law services page
- Florida regulatory law that can affect your business. Please visit the Administrative & Regulatory law page