Legal systems in the U.S. and abroad impact the way companies conduct domestic and international business both internally, and with each other, regardless of their “home” country.
International law is the collection of treaties and agreements governing the interaction of international business transactions. The state of Florida is considered to be the “Gateway to the Americas”, because of the strong presence of business with ties to Central America, South America, and the Caribbean. Florida has become a magnet for foreign investment from Euope and Asia as well. Many companies have decided to open Florida business centers, and are taking advantage of Floridas’ favorable business laws.
My international law practice focuses on integrating both local and foreign regulations into business strategy. Specifically, I assist clients based outside of the U.S. to “domesticate” U.S. regulations, and clients located within the U.S. to comply with foreign requirements. If you are seeking to open a Florida office, seek to work jointly with Florida businesses, or wish to expand your Florida presence, we can assist.
I work with law firms in the United States, Israel, Europe and Latin America to assist my clients understand how domestic and international issues converge. I have previously advised my clients in the following international law areas
- International business agreements
- International business litigation
- International business mediation & arbitration
- Compliance for business operation (Domestic and International)
- Certification, filing, and registration (Domestic and International)
- Drafting guidelines, policies, and procedures (Domestic and International)
- Import and export rules and regulations
- Service of legal documents under the Hague Treaty and other international conventions
- Taking of testimony in foreign jurisdictions
- Registration of your business with the Florida Department of State and other Florida agencies
- Represent you before State of Florida agencies that encourage investment, business and trade within the State of Florida.
- Helping your foreign business to stay complaint with relevant Florida and Federal laws that can affect your business operations.
- Identify business incentive programs offered by the State of Florida, and/or Florida business organizations to encourage foreign investment and trade within Florida